Thread: Discussion General Ekranoplan Topic
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:09 PM
Find More Posts by derk
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,614 Posts
well, just did the first test runs in the parking lot outside! it seemed that the rear was lifting higher than the front, so i moved the battery out of the nose and onto the front wing. this time ig glided more evenly but the batt must have shifted rear because as i slowed it down, it pitched up and stalled. so i re positioned the battery a little farther forward and it flew just right! although i must admit the cg is FAR rear from your models
turning control seems adequate as i was almost able to do a full lap around the cars and planters! it still however wanted to roll a little when turning tightly, but didnt flip or drag until it slowed down too much. i did get one short video which i will look over and put up later tonight.

i think i need to install my longer range Rx and make part of it up in a tube like on rc cars and boats. i was surprised the little motor could push this beast so well! it wont take off from a standstill, but with a little push, it gets right up in about 15 feet!

i still need to add the top to the fuselage and make a frontal hatch. i'll take some more pictures to show what the rudder assembly looks like and such.

Derrik
derk is online now Find More Posts by derk