View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2010, 08:59 AM
Find More Posts by Derek_S
Videopilot
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2009
2,855 Posts
He did, but that is not a stock setup any more, and with the stock setup he only got about 1000' Of course you can get better range with a yagi, patch, or a dish but if you can't get decent distance with the stock setup why bother? I would rather have one that works well to begin with so any additions I make maximize range, not just compensate for poor performance.

I got slighly better range with a V, but I was expecting up to 5000' with the stock antennas like others reported getting with both BOB and Sunsky.

I have tried 4 channels, from the lowest 1010 mhz to the highest which is 1280 on BOB. I will have to do more testing but so far I have best luck with something in between, ch 4 1120. BUT, I will have to test more as I have tried some different locations so test results are a little inconsistent.

As far as the mobile phone thing, I wonder how much it alters the distance. I would really like to know.

Anyways, I am not meaning to argue the quality of the BOB or Sunsky. I have only the BOB, and have not performed or seen anyone else perform a head-to-head comparison of the BOB, LM, and Sunsky. I really appreciate you compling the info and was just wondering if the LM really was noticeably the best of the 3 choices.
Derek_S is offline Find More Posts by Derek_S