Thread: Discussion Parkzone F4F Wildcat WOW!!!!
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2010, 07:41 AM
Find More Posts by Mithmorgul
Joined Jul 2010
3 Posts
F4F Wildcat by Parkzone

Friend and I took this plane out along with my venerable PKZ Spitfire (L-ion /20 amp SC/ Spektrum RX modded) yesterday. First impressions were that the plane is extremely well made with clean lines and model like detailing and paint. And finally a new pilot in the cockpit! Can't go on enough about how much I love Z Foam. Plain is very rigid with no flex in the wings or control surfaces. Comes with the same motor as found in the F4F Corsair and the 9X8 prop found on the Spitfire (920kV). Comes with a really small 1300 mAh L-ion battery. Was able to stay up for at least 15 min using the throttle conservatively, so the small battery isn't much of an issue. Between the two of us we own all of the PKZ warbirds except for the P51 Mustang. This one impresses. With a little mix set in for aileron and rudder plus some dual rates, little trimming and adjustments were needed. Plenty of power for cuban 8s and hammer heads. Nearly unlimited vertical. Smooth smooth smooth. Definitely a good model to choose if you are ready to step up to aileron/rudder compared to the T-28 Trojan (but similarly not to the BF-109). Landing is a breeze on the belly skid, this plane wants to fly, so just cut the throttle and a little up elevator is all you need. Why anyone would buy anything other than these new PKZ warbirds is beyond me. The quality is through the roof guys. Thank you PKZ for listening to your consumers. This is a sign of a company who will endeavor in the hearts of hobbyists for years to come.
Mithmorgul is offline Find More Posts by Mithmorgul