Old Jul 19, 2010, 02:19 AM
Find More Posts by Slaanesh
Not enough hours in the day
Melbourne
Joined Feb 2009
2,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunbar58 View Post
has anyone got experience on the HK 1818 3500Kv motor and 2s? ...and what prop would be recommended?
When I initially bought my FW-190 I also bought the Turnigy 16-06 with it - though I didn't really understand it's capability.

Whilst it's a good motor and would have served it's purpose, it's not really what I wanted on my model - I wanted to swing a 6" prop at low amps.

So I looked for other motors and read a lot about how good the 18-11 10g outrunner was - though it wasn't in stock on HK at the time.

In the end I thought the AD-100L 1850KV was ideal (though slightly heavy at 13g). However I justified the extra weight because I read from others how the Cox Warbirds would often come out tail heavy with brushless conversions and it's ability to swing a 6" prop and draw only ~2 amps.
I'm hoping this will mean half throttle will probably be plenty and give excellent long flights with a 350mah pack.

However, the tail heavy aspect is not really a problem - you can easily use light motors as if you plan things out there's plenty of space inside to balance the model correctly with out needing ballast.

I think this motor will work, however you will probably want to run a small prop. The stock prop is about 4x2.5" so is ideal. If that works for you, go for it.

EDIT: By the way if anyone is interested in the 2.4Ghz DSM2 compat receivers popped up in HK and promptly sold out in under half an hour.
I ordered a few :-)
Slaanesh is offline Find More Posts by Slaanesh