View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:52 PM
Find More Posts by Paul66
Joined Jul 2010
15 Posts
Oops...

So, I maidened my Cessna 400 yesterday. After spending considerable time reading this forum I made sure that I had done some mods, including moving the battery forward, strengthening the nose gear mount etc etc.

It was nicely set up and trimmed. I took off and it was obvious that even after moving the CG forward that it was tail heavy. After a couple of circuits it flipped onto its back and ploughed in...

Ouch - but it survived this with little to no damage.

Ok - another take off - this time it went almost vertical to about 100 feet, flipped over and nose-dived in..

Ahhhhh.

Lots of damage - the whole front of the aircraft nearly destroyed. After examiniation, I think I have had a catastrophic failure of the elevator control rods and that they have slipped in the connector on the servo.....

Believe it or not, I managed to spend 3 hours rebuilding it yesterday afteroon and it is now in an almost flyable condition.

One problem I do have is that the prop shaft is bent. The prop adapter mounts to the back of the motor case i.e. the motor shaft faces backwards and is not used - I've never actually seen this type of adapter before - and can't seem to find anything like it online. Does anyone have any ideas where I could get one similiar?
Paul66 is offline Find More Posts by Paul66