View Single Post
Old Dec 02, 2003, 07:41 PM
Find More Posts by OmegaDot
Upstate NY
Joined Nov 2003
842 Posts
My faithful helper (14 year old son, Tim) has dutifully recorded voltage, current, thrust, torque, RPM readings etc... as we have worked to improve the performance of my SkyLark to a usable level. This has been a tremendous learning experience for both of us and definitely boosts his interest in engineering. We have tried to share our learnings/data on the forum. He then sits back while I get to hover (drift?) in the living room. He has very successfully learned to fly fixed wing (both e and glow, with financial support from me) but a second heli is probably out of reach. He would absolutely flip to have his own heli and his birthday is in December! It would be interesting to see what "young thumbs" can do as far as learning curve.

We could offer a comparison between the older SkyLark and the new AeroHawk, if that is of interest. We attend 4-5 electric fly-ins a year (including NEAT) and would be pleased to bring/fly the heli if conditions (and learning curve) permit With the money he (I?) would save, we could buy a digital camera for all the pics you want.

Thanks for your consideration,
Todd
OmegaDot is offline Find More Posts by OmegaDot