View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:59 AM
Find More Posts by Piper J3
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
3,189 Posts
This is Fun...

FedEx delivered my Night Vapor yesterday. Put quick 12 minute flight in at dusk. Just woke up at 1AM and decided to try my hand at night flying on the street in front of the house. What a blast... Repeated the 12 minute earlier flight with no problems. Night orientation was easy. For 2nd flight tonight I moved the battery full forward and this made machine less pitch sensitive and really smoothed it out. Extreme slow flight is now possible with good control. Now it grooves in the turns. This last flight was shortened by rain. Rain drops sound load on the plastic wing covering! Have DX7 timer set for 10 minutes, but extend the flights because plenty of power still available from the supplied PZ 70mAh LiPo. Most of the flying done at less than half throttle. This is too cool... Now I can fly micro RC anytime of the day. 1S micro hanger includes mCX and mSR helicopters, UM J3-Cub, UM P-51D, Ember, (2) 4-Sites, Homemade Dynex, Stevens AeroModel Diddlebug, and now the Night Vapor. Should be good for a while...
Piper J3 is online now Find More Posts by Piper J3