Old Jul 11, 2010, 06:41 AM
Find More Posts by skyartec-usa
Pontiac/Auburn Hills, Michigan USA
Joined Mar 2009
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI View Post
Max,
Just to let you know, the package arrived today. That extra Heavy duty outboard carton you guys use went to good use on this delivery. The outer carton was sqashed and ripped along the middle, so the looks made me a bit nervous. I opened the carton and slid the inside, original Panther box out and it was in perfect shape! Whew! The airframe looks great, now have to get some quality time together so I can start working on her.
I am excited, this should be a fun project. The optional flap section has peaked my interest..............not sure if it would be worth it to me or not, but wouldn't be a problem to do.
Any thoughts on the merits of adding the flaps? I easily have all the materials needed on hand, just whether the feature is worth it or not??? My servos are quite light, so weight increase would be negligable from what I can see.
Thanks again for your excellent service, making this an enjoyable shopping experience.
Ken
We are certainly happy the Jet made it without any damage. All to often the PO never hears any complaints about damaged cartons. If you managed to take some photos it would be helpful to pass those on to your local Post Master; just take them to the PO. Remind them that this shipment was insured and it could have cost the PO a major claim. If you do have some pix I would like a copy also to give to our local PO. BTW, I recently watched in horror as a PO employee threw one of our RTF Helicopter Shipments 20 feet across the room into a shipping bin. It sounded like glass shattering when it hit. I immediated asked for the PO Post Master and had the employee reprimanded; I later found out they had been terminated. I told the PO that that should at least give the illusion of careful handling of packages in front of the public. Sometimes I think those huge red stickers that say "Fragile" are targets for mishandling at the PO.

Thanks again for the input. Have fun and good flying

Max
skyartec-usa is offline Find More Posts by skyartec-usa