View Single Post
Old Jul 06, 2010, 01:33 PM
Find More Posts by nioa
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2008
741 Posts
Motor subs

So far I'm contemplating the Turnigy 35-36B 1300kv and Turnigy AerodriveXp SK Series 35-30 1400Kv. These are the closest to the Rimfire I can find at HobbyKing. They weigh in at 106g and 90g respectively. The GP 35-30-1250 weighs 71g. It has been my experience that the Turnigy motors seem to always be slightly less Kv then stated. The motor mount is probably just a hair off the Rimfire mounting pattern, I plan to order a motor for testing to get all the needed specs, both physically, and electrically.

I like the Turnigy Plush ESC's so I would go with a Turnigy Plush 40 controller.

I have two JR DS285 Digital Sub-Micro Servos that aren't being used for anything, so I would use them for the ailerons. Almost any micro servo like the Hitec HS-65HB can be used for the elevator and rudder (there is room to mount different sized servos in the fuselage). I have no experience with the ElectriFly ES50 Nano servo's, so I don't know how reliable they are. I never use cheap servos, I don't think in the long run they are worth the cost savings. Ball-bearings are also worth it as well.

Below I have some specs that I collected for the motor and the servos. If I didn't already have the JR servos, I would go with the HS-65HB's for the wings; they look like they would fit, but without the plane I can't tell for sure.

nioa is offline Find More Posts by nioa
Last edited by nioa; Jul 06, 2010 at 01:40 PM.