Old Jul 03, 2010, 05:13 PM
Find More Posts by modfly
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppi View Post
Estes Industries owned Cox Models. They bought them to keep their model rocket business going. It apparently wasn't enough.

Hobbico - Tower Hobbies- purchased Estes/Cox earlier this year. Cox is not out of business. At least not yet. : http://www.coxmodels.com/

Hobbico may drop Cox Models and keep Estes Industries for the rockets as they already have an extensive line of R/C airplanes and parts. That is yet unknown.

Cox Models was merely the distributor for the Micro Warbirds Manufacturer, who was seeking a well established company to introduce it's models in the USA. This is evidenced by the fact that they are now re-named and re-distributed.
Well, that is a website but there is nothing there. Cox sold off their inventory some time ago and you can not buy anything from them so as far as I can see, they are out of business. They sold everything off including the Cox engine division. Edit, Ok I did not know that Tower owns Estes\Cox and that may be true but the old Cox Estes is out of business and may reform under Tower Hobbies. Thats cool.

Cox r\c has been around since I can remember. Like back in the 60's. They were not just a distributor but a real r\c company. Microdesigner who use to post here for Cox is the one who said the company was going out of business and since he was the head of product design, that was from the horses mouth.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Last edited by modfly; Jul 03, 2010 at 05:47 PM.