Old Nov 29, 2003, 07:41 AM
Find More Posts by ndflicks
GO THE DOLPHIN!
Central North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
839 Posts
Great responses, thanks to all!

Full size gear:

I shouldn't have stated as fact that the SS was designed for full size gear. But it has been brought up on Ezone several times that when it was first introduced in 2002, part of the idea was to snag the RC car guys as they could just put their existing gear on board. I don't know this for fact, but it hasn't to my knowledge been refuted by GWS. I also understand that here in the US, we have seperate radio frequencies for aircraft, but I'm under the impression that things are different in the East.

Too much epoxy:

I am bad about that with balsa build ups, lol. I still haven't learned that a little goes a long way. But on this plane, there isn't much to glue, and I used probond. I used just a tiny bead w/water between the wing halves and on the LE reinforcement.

Checking the scale:

I took a few items to the Post Office to be weighed, hoping my scale was off, but to no avail.. I just have a portly SS, lol.

I can't see how 12 oz is acheivable, I'd like to see it for myself. Should I buy yet another SS at some point, I'm going to weigh all of the components before I build(including gear) and see if that helps figure out how it got so big.

Mind you, I'm not unhappy with it at all. Maybe Dr. Phil is right after all. It's all my fault. I should just love it the way it is, I'm not as thin as I used to be either, lol. And it does fly and flies pretty darn good. It's a brisk, windless morning. I think I'll take my Slow Stick out.

Bill in the Delta
ndflicks is offline Find More Posts by ndflicks