Find More Posts by djdavies83
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
Surface_Tension

Good intuition on the grooves to 'let air in', but you've increased surface area. More adherence to overcome before breaking surface tension.

You want to decrease 'wetting', so a hydrophobic coating is needed.

It is theoretically possible to have the copter sit on TOP of the surface, like a
water skipper.

Wax those pontoons.
oh ye, hadn't realised the increase in surface area as a bi-product, each float is about half the size (now 1/2 inch sqaureby about 4 inch) it was in the very first photo, the floatsin the first test photos (that were not attached the balsa wood base) only had about 1/8 inch submurged and lifting them out by hand I could feel the up coming tension

I was hoping to not have to buy anything on top the part a I had but if boat shape floats fail to solve the tension, I'll all the thing you have mentioned, would be nice to have a S107 that is always ready to get wet.

I'm not sure about the S107 sitting on the water, a couple of weeks ago I tried resting it on a block of polystyrene big than the foot print on the current pontoons and it kept trying to jump off, that's how I've removed the stock skids rather than trying to add pontoons under them, that said I will try just about anything for fun.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83