View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2010, 06:57 AM
Find More Posts by Aio_1
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimitedrc.eu View Post
Can someone suggest me best configuration for Yak 54 F3P ( http://www.unlimited-rc.eu/en/prod/?cid=38&pid=330 ) model like in link?

Big thanks.
What's your budget?

The flying weight of 130g to 150g is a bit high for the size of the plane but that might be partly due to the motor they expect you to use. The suggested motor is "2404 brushless outrunner". There's no brand etc mentioned but if that refers to the motor stator diameter and length as is usual then that's a bit big for my taste. I'd suggest trying to keep the weight to 130g or less by careful use of adhesives, trimming ESC and battery cables and choosing light a motor, battery, RX, ESC and servos.

Unlike a few years ago, there are lots of motor options now. The Hacker A10-15s is a very popular motor (weighs about 15g). I use them on planes between about 115g and 135g. I'd use that with a GWS 8x4.3 or similar and 2s lipos between 250mAh and 350mAh (12g to 21g).
There's a budget motor that seems to work pretty well which originally turned up as the Suppo 2204-14 (weighs about 21g) from www.lightflightrc.com. I think this is now available by several names as it's been re-badged by Turnigy, Grayson and others. There's lot's of other budget motors but I don't know much about them. I think it's worth getting the Hacker or a similar decent motor but that's just me. For F3P flying you'll want a motor in the 12g to 20g weight range. For Aero musical flying you may want a bit more power at the expense of higher minimum speed so a 20g to 25g motor might be the way to go.

Aidan
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1