Find More Posts by jaccies
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
[FONT="Verdana"]How accurate is it?

Cell voltages
The easiest thing to test is the accuracy of the individual cell voltages. Using a 40,000count 0.25% accurate DVM I checked the cell voltage over the range 3.3 to 4.2V. The display resolution of the Quanum is 10mV – that is it reads to 0.01V best precision. One cell was within 0.8mV of the displayed reading over that range (i.e. much less than the resolution), the worst was 25mV different. In other words the very worst case was less than 3 display digits out. Perfectly acceptable.
Hi a question how did you measure each cell voltage, did you connect a 6 cell lipo to the transmitter of which you knew the exact voltage of this 6 cell lipo?
You know alot of people (like me) of V1 have e.g. not accurate values of cell 4 and 5 reported ( offset of +/-0.2V !!) . So using a 3 cel lipo the readings are accurate.

yes your conclusion is that the major error with this particular Quanum is in reading the current but it’s less than an Amp for the 20A test which translates to about 4-5% error, 4-5% is too much and a new feature of calibration should be implemented.

So i extend your item 2:

2) While it is on, switch to the SET position and a default mAh rating for a battery flashes. While flashing use the BIND and POWER buttons to increment or decrement to set your actual battery capacity.
After 3 sec, it moves to a flashing default 20% alarm setting. Increment or decrement as desired.
After 3 sec it moves to a flashing default 3.4V Cell Volt Alarm setting. Increment or decrement as desired.
After 3 seconds it moves to a flashing current reading offset compensation , Increment or decrement as desired.
After 3 seconds it moves to a flashing cell 1 voltage reading offset, Increment or decrement as desired
After 3 seconds it moves to a flashing cell 2 voltage reading offset, Increment or decrement as desired
After 3 seconds it moves to a flashing cell 3 voltage reading offset, Increment or decrement as desired
After 3 seconds it moves to a flashing cell 4 voltage reading offset, Increment or decrement as desired
After 3 seconds it moves to a flashing cell 5 voltage reading offset, Increment or decrement as desired
After 3 seconds it moves to a flashing cell 6 voltage reading offset, Increment or decrement as desired

And sure the USB connector should be used to upgrade the firmware.

I have another idea what Quanum could be make available is :
Quanum creats a PC program communicating with the USB port so you can do all settings/offset changes explained above in item 2 via this program.
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Last edited by jaccies; Jun 29, 2010 at 03:18 AM.