View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:04 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,004 Posts
Very neat looking mod, Prime_8. I had planned to shorten my wings on my extreme taileron version, probably starting just outside the TE step as you did. Nice to see how it would look. I'd also shear off the foam step out there to make a smooth wing. BTW, have you thought about the possibility of tapering the fuse at the aft end to get more and smoother airflow into the small prop? I made a pusher out of a GWS EStarter once, and had to do this even with an 8 in. prop to get better thrust, less noise, etc.

As an aside, I don't know how many have looked at those wing tips closely, but on mine the LE is perfectly straight all the way to the wing tips, but the TE has built in anhedral starting at the step and progressing to the tip. The result is the TE drops down slightly, increasing the angle of incidence slightly and adding a bit of flap-like action at the tips! I thought I had a deformed wing, but both have exactly the same design. It flies fine, but just adds lift and drag at the tips... something I don't need for my intended "parkjet" bash with only tailerons for control.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank