View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2010, 06:55 PM
Find More Posts by pdawg
Need 4 Speed!
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,781 Posts
Plug progress

The primer caused a minor delayed but finally the fusleage plug is almost finished. These days my primer of choice is sandable duplicolor available at Pep boys along with the red stuff. Unfortunately the nearest Pep Boys is over an hour away so against my better judgement I decided to try a locally available krylon "primer". To make a long story short, it never seems to completely dry and it always gums up in the sandpaper. Fortunately a local hobby shop saved the day. They have some expensive Tamiya primer that is amazing. Its $10 but it really works well (dries fast and sands well with red stuff). I wouldn't use it for a large project but for this little EDF project its great.

You can also see that the canopy hatch has been removed from the fuselage and will be molded separately. Its a little more work to do this but it makes life so much easier down the line. The hatch itself will get molded after the fuselage mold.

P.S. Congrat to CN for having his 3rd child. Hope Mrs. CN and CN Jr. are doing well!
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Visiting Edwards AFB