Profile Kellett out of Retirement...
I recently had retired my Profile Kellett and decided it had seen better days. As I started taking it apart, I realized it had a lot of life left in her. I wanted to concentrate on dropping some weight, so I decided to make a change from solid planks to built up very lite tail feathers. I started with 3/32" planks for the horizontal stab and the rudder. I then cut ribs and glued them in. Then I cut holes in to save to weight and added a spar and CF leading edge. On the ends of the H stab, I double stacked the wood on the out side radius but must be cross grained for strength and then sanded it all and covered them. Once the vert. end stabs are finished, I will post some more photos.
I will get some detailed photos on the new way I will mount my battery packs.