View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2010, 01:03 PM
Find More Posts by kevinb120
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined May 2009
1,158 Posts
Great review as always! After doing this over 20 years, the choices available now are absolutely mind boggling. With the EDF's, it has been quite the white elephant to find decent ARF's. Manufacturers try to 'save money' by putting in inadequate electronics/fans/servos, they sell a few, word gets out quick, then either they only sell AF kits or none at all. If they ONLY PUT DECENT components in from the get-go, they would sell more with their own components and make more money in the long run.

Slowly, we are starting to see birds come with hardware we will actually USE, Phase 3 was one of the first, Jpower followed, and now we have the likes of the Habu from mainstream companies. And from GP, a small 4S bird-just add what you probably already have sitting around??? I am stoked a bit about this one!

I was nowhere near so enamored with the L39, but that's another story. After owning ~80+ GP aircraft over the years, by the third 'flight' I tore it up in my hands and threw it away complete with electronics.

But THIS one has my interest, I may have to pick one up, The price is about right compared to most questionable 3s import-of-the-month models that never work right, and well below the $400 threshold where things really start to get cool. I do hope someone will come out with something for a protective cone, that is one looong nose. My P3 EF16 has a couple hundred flights on it and she's looking the worse for wear(still on stock electronics). It may be time to get a new go-to trunk jet.
kevinb120 is offline Find More Posts by kevinb120