View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2010, 06:47 AM
Find More Posts by Gandalf_Sr
Ted M
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Joined Feb 2007
1,293 Posts
Good News
I now have 54 Hobby City orders under my belt; all paid with PayPal and all have arrived, most in reasonable time. It seems that EMS shipping (usually) gets shipped faster than regular Air Mail but both get here. A couple of my orders had defective or incorrect parts but I RMA'd and got replacements; HC says you have to send the parts back with some form of tracking but that's cost-prohibitive (shipping was more than I paid for the item) so I've always sent stuff back USPS Air and I got acknowledgement that the item was received; it's a chance you take. If you bought a bad LiPO from a US firm, you'd have to ship the bad one back to them at your cost so I see this as fair enough.

Bad News
In March I bought a HK600GT helicopter that has multiple defects / unusable parts. I spent $80 on replacement Align parts (HC didn't have parts available back in March) to get it flying. Despite several emails to cs@hobbyking.com, they seem to be stonewalling me with regards to any form of compensation; I may complain via PayPal as a next step. In this specific instance, HC have gone way down in my estimation as far as customer service is concerned.
Gandalf_Sr is offline Find More Posts by Gandalf_Sr