View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:59 AM
Find More Posts by GKinTN
Joined Jul 2008
25 Posts
I picked up a SU-26XP yesterday from Hobby Lobby. I think they got them either thursday or friday and by saturday I got the last one they had. Today I put two flights on it, the 2nd one for two local police officers that showed up at our field and wanted to see a demo flight. They were very impressed! Anyway my only other "micro" is a Mustang, my other RC planes are a 25 year old (!) Sky Tiger Jr. with a Picco 20, tuned pipe and semi sym wing, plus a .010 Cox powered 75% Buttercup (w/flat bottom wing). That said the XP is a blast! I set the dual rates and exponential settings like they showed in the manual and wow, what a smooth flyer. I actually found it less squirely then the Mustang, as the Mustang just fights you a bit when inverted. It would truly take some talent to roll that one perfectly. To me compared to the Mustang the XP flew much more like a larger model than it is. I like the color scheme, and compared to the micro Mustang I found it easier to see as the evening calm came up. I prefer to fly right in the last couple hours of daylight as the winds tend to be calmer, and with less sun glare, but it still makes seeing things a little trickier. I never flew the original white Sukhoi but I would think the new color scheme will be easier to see. Overall I think the XP will truly help to further my aerobatic skills and get me prepared for the PZ Extra 300 when that comes out....ooops, I just bought a new plane. Darn, these things are addictive
GKinTN is offline Find More Posts by GKinTN
Last edited by GKinTN; Jun 14, 2010 at 01:09 AM.