View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2010, 11:34 PM
Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Foam abuser!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
18,735 Posts
Final steps.

Now that the plane is completely assembled, all that's left to do is some shaping and installing the electronics. The intakes on the full size bird are quite rounded. In order to make the plane look a little more scale, I sanded the edges round as much as possible. You can get a greater rounded effect by adding foam doublers on the interior of the electronics bay.

Prior to installing the electronics, I masked off the areas that were to remain white, and then spray painted the entire plane with Testors flat black. In order to keep the paint from bleeding under the tape, I brushed on a thin layer of WBPU and allowed it to dry.

For the electronics, I put the ESC on one side and the RX on the other. The lipo goes all the way forward in the electronics bay, and I put it sideways. This required that I remove some foam from the lower fuse piece right at the front of the bay.

I will be adding decals as soon as I have them created.

Maiden is scheduled for tomorrow morning depending on the winds. For the CG, I am starting at the forward edge of the wingtips.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat