Old Jun 07, 2010, 01:49 PM
Find More Posts by Shpook
What's that button do?
Hollywood, FL
Joined Feb 2008
1,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbucher View Post
I think you'll go faster than 90... My Stryker with that same motor and a 6x4 sport prop hit's 90. This plane is dramatically more aerodynamic than the Stryker.

If the stock 24-33-3180 motor can hit 120 mph, you'll most likely be over 100 mph as well. How much over? Don't know...

That 50 amp esc will be overkill... A 6x4 sport prop with 3s draws around 27-28 amps...
I think we've discussed this motor before over in the Stryker thread. I've been flying this motor on a 6x5.5 @ ~37A. I've only dopplered it, and got about 94mph...but I don't trust it. I swear it was only moving about 80-85mph.

I guess I'll just have to get some video of the Rifle and doppler it for comparison. Hopefully I still have the old Stryker videos.

I know the ESC is overkill, but my other ESCs are 35A and under plus a 80A and 100A. So this one fit the bill. Unfortunately, it's opto, so now I also have the weight of the BEC.

All the components are overweight, the motor, ESC, servos, even the Rx is on the larger side. We'll see what AUW is and take it from there. With a 6" prop, I'm not too worried about hand launching, but a 4.75" makes me nervous.
Shpook is offline Find More Posts by Shpook