View Single Post
Old Jun 04, 2010, 09:54 PM
Find More Posts by PerlAddict
USA, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Sep 2006
2,172 Posts
Alert
HobbyZone Champ RTF Group Buy in Middle TN: $87.80 per plane (including tax)

Hey Middle Tennesseans,

Wanted to pass along a deal opportunity. I'm trying to get together a group buy for the new HobbyZone Champ RTF airplane, normally $90 + tax. My LHS said if I can get 10 or more people lined up to buy a HZ Champ, they'll sell them to us for $80 + tax each (local tax here is 9.75%, so that would work out to $87.80 after tax per Champ). That's a little over 10% off per plane.

I had a chance to fly this little plane last weekend at a friend's place, and it was sweet! Bigger than a Parkzone Micro Cessna/Citabria/Cub, but smaller than the HZ Mini SuperCub, so still gym flyable. But we were flying outdoors in a pretty decent breeze and they were doing very respectably! I couldn't believe it. That wind would've carried my little Citabria away in a heartbeat. Lots of fun for some quick in-the-front-yard flying after work, and I'd say it would make a pretty decent trainer aircraft for new pilots, too.

If anyone in the Middle TN area is interested, let me know. Once I get 10 buyers lined up, I'll start collecting funds and go down to the LHS to order them all up.

- Dave
PerlAddict is offline Find More Posts by PerlAddict