Find More Posts by alkoo
speedfreek
Newcastle, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
3,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbello View Post
Waz,
I went there to have a look today. Wow, it certainly looks promising! Which direction would you DS there? It looks to my inexperienced eye that it could be ok in either Southerlies or NE winds. A bit turbulent launching over the trees into a southerly though! It was blowing 20 - 25 knots S when I was there today. No walkers, and I agree, I don't think you would encounter any, or very few. So close to Coffs, yet secluded.
The NE facing cliff might be good for front side foamie flying too.
What sort of plane do you think would be good to start DS flying with?

Jim.
Hey Jim,

Yeah, it does look good. I reckon that the N to NNE winds would work best from recollection (probably S as well), but have a look on google earth and sus out which wind direction hits the front slope face on.

The northern side face has a fairly good landing zone so I think you could fly crunchies there without too many problems.

If you want to start DSing, get a Windrider Bee or Bat (the Bat is better) and make it stiff with a decent spar system and go practice. The reason I suggest Windrider planes is that they take a lot of punishment and are very cheap. The Scorpion from Off The Edge Sailplanes is also a great buy, and better suited to DS than the Bee. Just my opinion.

Waz
alkoo is offline Find More Posts by alkoo
Last edited by alkoo; Jun 01, 2010 at 06:01 AM.