View Single Post
Old Jun 01, 2010, 04:57 AM
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,216 Posts
Hey all,
I see more newcomers are following this build, I think that is so cool. And thanks for all the great comments.

I will post pics in the next few days of what I have gotten done.

If you go back a bunch of pages you will see where we all discussed the power system for my B-36, at the time I did about 20-30 test with the battery being about 8" from the ESC, and then the motor having a long lead (max 36") This was so I could keep the batteries at the leading edge of the wing to get my CG correct. I was really afraid of adding caps and getting that all right. One reason for loving electrics on twins is if done right you will never have a engine failure on take off, and if I get the caps wrong I could have a ESC fail. But after really sitting back and looking at all the things that it takes to do the different motor set-ups, I now see that caps are really the only way to go. This way I need no panel access in my nacelles. A year ago I had hoped to get my ESC on my firewall by my motor mount, but then when I found out about adding caps it scared me away from that idea, now I am back to mounting the cap board/ESC to the firewall, and running my battery leads to the front of the wing.

Thanks all,
Dag
dag214 is online now Find More Posts by dag214