Thread: Discussion Shrike Build
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2010, 02:45 PM
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
30,138 Posts
Well, it's flyable! The only thing I need to do is attach the main gear doors. Being a holiday, a bunch of the guys from work showed up at the field to get some fun flying in. David Payne had the honors of the first flight, not only because he's great on the sticks but he's also flown a Shrike in the past. I set up the rates on the DX8 to give three range settings for him to get me in the ballpark. After some more tuning flights I will put the finalized throws on the plans.

Unfortunately, my friend wasn't able to keep up with the plane with the camera, so all the pix are on the ground.

If you look closely at the wingtips, you can see I installed LEDs from the E-Flite light kit. They aren't visible in normal daylight when flying If I'm ever up at dusk (not likely with a hot rod like this!) they may help. Otherwise, they're just for the "cool factor."

First flight was 5 minutes on 2200 mAH 3S 30C Thunder Power cells (E-Flite Power 10 with APC 8x8E). When I took it over to the charger, it was still at 45%, so I put another 2 minutes on the timer for the next flight.

Shortly after he landed, a cold front came through with some heavy rain, so I packed it up and came home so I could post these.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor