View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2003, 06:14 AM
Find More Posts by BACKEMFNRG
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,162 Posts
The bike pictured above was a prototype, 1 only by a privateer.
I spoke to him through Email only twice, he said that the bike above had some design flaws and was now a "shelf queen".
He is trying to develop a much more advanced frame that is an actual upgrade instead of just a copy of what you have on the TT but lighter.
I wil be copying the TT frame like CNR's that's only because a BD-4 copy is more expensive alot more waste material because of the 4 plate design, as apposed to the 6 plate TT/CNR design.
I have thouht of doing a BD-4/Benwell Chassis, but the TT is simpler for now. Team Benwell actually posts smaller actual scale templates on their web site, all you have to do is enlarge the two templates seperately until you have the correct size, easy for me I work for Canon Canada. One template will be the right size when you can measure the bolt pattern for the motor mount, the mounting holes should be exactly 1" on centers. Once that template is done then the other has to be enlarged correctly to get all the frame holes to line up then your done with templates.
Get it?
BACKEMFNRG is offline Find More Posts by BACKEMFNRG