View Single Post
Old May 17, 2010, 03:21 PM
Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
Z,

I totally agree, 1kw probably not needed. And if someone wants to just gain altitude any which way, then a lot less will work too. I'm used to getting my kicks with 700W in my Blizzard though, so I would be looking for at a bare minimum, the same performance.

Rob, would you be able to post the bare airframe weight (including joiners and hardware) please? Sorry to be a pain!! Also, what is the length between the front of the fuse/firewall and the leading edge?

The Hyperion figures were, I believe, acquired with previous generation cells (which at that point in time would have been 25C, it was before the G3 VX cells were released. So, with a HobbyKing 40C pack, it would be interesting to see what the GS2218-10 would do. Granted, that would be well over the burst rating for the motor...but Hyperions are famed for dealing with power beyond their ratings.

Shame none of the cheaper outrunner motors will fit - i.e. Turnigy C35-xx. I'm serious about a higher KV outrunner and a cheap gearbox...if only I could find a cheap gearbox!!
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk