Find More Posts by power
Begin with end in mind...
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2003
5,613 Posts
Build Log
DSLR AP Platform "Exposure"

Hi all,

it has been a while since my last AP design so I thought I would share my latest AP project. The "Exposure". I have been having a great time with my DSLR "Solution" and it has been working very well for me the last couple yrs. That said, I am always looking to improve on existing airframes. The Solution evolved with mods to form a DSLR platform it was never really designed for this payload but ended up working well.

This bird is being designed with DSLR intent from the begining. There are key points that are different in this design. I will go over them in the pics below. I used methods and from my Passive, Double exposure, and Solution to produce this design. I spent time trying to simplify the airframe by reducing parts count, keeping pushrods to equal length, and mounting servos directly across from each other. The weight of the fuse is spot on equal to my DSLR Solution. At the same time, it is stronger,stiffer, has less parts, and packs/components can easily be stored in the cutouts in the fuse to obtain C.G.

I have the fuse pretty much fininshed and the wing will be coming soon with a few minor changes... I am waiting on my AXI 2820-14 to show up and I will get the component install complete. I will post progress as I finish up. As you can see in the pics, I picked up a Nikon D5000 to play with, (I like having a backup) . The D5000 is quite a little camera for the money, it shares the same body size as my D40X. It is close to 3 oz heavier but it has pretty much all D90 features, 12.3 mp sensor, meter, 11 point AF, Live view, 3D tracking AF, and 720p 24fps video.

Anyway...here are a few pics, I will update as time allows.

PLANS POST: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=76

PAYPAL DONATION: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=4927955

Mike
power is offline Find More Posts by power
Last edited by power; Jun 17, 2010 at 07:28 PM.