Old May 07, 2010, 05:08 PM
Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowClassCC View Post
not really. especially when you compare it to what the original associated powdercoated chassis go for these days. it costs less than it would run to fill up a honda civic with gas. now i have hear some people say that their local shops were telling them over $50.. that's way too much to pay imo.

now anodizing on the other hand is expensive. average quote from all the shops i have contacted that do small parts have all had $125-150 min cost. but that is for a batch. so you can basically send in all the alloy parts for a blinged out vehicle and get everything done for the min price. i will be sending off a durango b4 prototype chassis along with 50+ alloy bits all to be anodized in the next few months.

i look at it like this. i am not a very talented driver. my driving skills on the track never look good. and after 20+ years racing i understand and am ok with my skill level. but with a stand out nice ride you look good no matter what your driving looks like. lol
Thanks for the info on that. I never thought about doing that before. I will have to look for an local powder guy and an anodizing shop.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure