Thread: Discussion Skywalker 168cm FPV plane
View Single Post
Old May 06, 2010, 06:20 AM
Find More Posts by Fergus
Ireland
Joined Apr 2005
353 Posts
Quote:
SKYWALKER AIRPLANE FACTORY following this Discussion now.
That's great news Adnan.

I do hope that others will post their experiences with this airframe in this thread. Having others giving their input will be good for all of us who want an alternative to the multiplex models for FPV. The manufacturer looking in is also great news.

I am very hopeful that the EPO foam will overcome the issue with wing flex leading to a fracture at the end of the spars.

Sander,

Your post regarding CG is interesting. When applying that to the skywalker the distance from leading edge of 3inches which is recommnded falls within your recommendation of 25% - 33%.

I am looking forward to trying out the replacement EPO version which Adnan is providing. In the meantime I met with a friend who had purchased an EPS version through taobao. He hadn't built it and my experience put him off the idea. I brought it home and put it together last night and will fly it in the coming days without any unnecessary equipment. I added reinforced strapping tape to the wings and fuselage and don't plan to do anything else too it.

Primarily I want to examine the pitch up tendency I found with the first model.

I am now very determined to continue with this model and hope my experiences will benefit others.

Regards

Fergus.
Fergus is offline Find More Posts by Fergus