Old Apr 30, 2010, 01:12 PM
Find More Posts by Napoleon IV
Emperor of Speed!
West Country UK
Joined Jul 2006
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYTILIDIE View Post
I have that prather kit in my storeroom - complete with all parts . now you know why i want the EF1 version and that is the colour scheme i intend to use - i must have built at least 5 of this model and every one was just superb around the course - giles were you at the scottish nats when we tried to revive F1 in the UK - we flew a aldrich K B 40 schneurle with mini pipe on 40% nitro in a little Toni as a demo - the motor refused to start all day saturday ,then on sunday at midday we found the problem . It was in the pits when it first burst into life -the noise stopped every event on the airfield -so much so the organisers stopped the flying for a 10 minute slot in the afternoon so that we could provide a demo . virtually every one at the event came to watch , Tappin was there as well - meanwhile south of the border every one tried to stop us -oh well -lets look forward to the EF1 versions -
It took me a while to find it but here is a picture of the F1 that was demo-flown that day. Both models were built by Geoff Ellis. The "Little Toni" in the foreground was the F1. The reason the Toni wouldn't start was because the pressure pipe from the motor to the tank had become kinked.The model behind I think was a Dara. It was a Sport 40 model because it has a Rossi. Geoff was a perfectionist in the finishing of his models. Last time I saw him he'd given up flying and taken up Barber Shop Quartet singing!
Napoleon IV is offline Find More Posts by Napoleon IV