Old Apr 22, 2010, 03:46 AM
Find More Posts by Flypoppa
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Actually, I don't believe I ever said it was Elapor. That name and whatever it is made of is reserved for Multiplex planes. I did say it was EPO (like the EZ*-I meant similar). But, after getting the kit, somewhere along the line I said it was EPP as advertised on the site. Well, in the final analysis, I believe it is EPP. The texture and composition of the foam between the SkyS and the super-fly are very, very different. But, I believe that Tram uses a hot-wire (not sure). The SkyS very definitely uses a mold method and therefore a lot smoother finish than the SF So, for right now, I am going to go with the SkyS as being EPP (as advertised on the site). As always, I reserve the right to be wrong. EPO and EPP are very difficult for me to tell apart. As always, I reserve the right to be wrong in any or all of this. My knowledge of foam is not good. I have always treated EPO and Elapor as being the same thing. HERE is what I always use for a brief reference. It is written by NoFlyZone (Chuck) and IMO, he is very knowledgeable and a valued friend. If anyone wants to jump in and enlighten me, I encourage you to do so.
AJ
I also get my foams confused and mixed up. Now reading Chucks post does explain a lot. Thanks AJ.
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member