Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
31,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
Steve,

Does that bounce around? I love that size trailer if it could fit a good amount of planes. Can you share the internal room (dimensions) and what you can haul?
Hi Wedge...

As there is no weight in the trailer, it does bounce a "bit" however, with the foam, and the packing blankets, I have had no damage to any plane.

The actual usable interior dimensions are...

80" long X 45.5" wide, and the trailer bed itself is 14.5" with an additional 15" in the top.

However, Thule no longer makes this trailer (I think they went out of business) and they were somewhat expensive at about $1700.00. I bought mine from a company on Ebay that was closing them out, and I got mine for $1125.00 including shipping from Idaho to San Jose, CA.

It can supposedly haul 1200 pounds....and that's way more than I need to haul...

The cool thing about this trailer is the whole thing is made of galvanized steel, and the bed is made of 5/8" thick phenolic. So, no rust, and no rot. Of course living in San Jose, CA. means no snow, so no salt to make it corrode. As the top is plastic, I am going to have a form fitted cover made to go over it, so the sun doesn't destroy the plastic. There are nice round "bobbin" shaped "bungie hooks" all the way around it, to hook the cover to.

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Apr 19, 2010 at 06:21 PM.