Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bx3mE View Post
Just ordered mine

Now i wonder if i dont want to configure or change anything on the osd in the air can i use the trainer port output to set up the osd on the ground instead of hooking up some reciever modification to start with?

I have a Futaba 12 FG 6 pin output with square connector. Also i have the
R6008HS Reciever wich has a data output. is this a serial output? or is it some Futaba specific output?

What modifications do i have to do on my OSD when it arrives to hook it up with my camera and video tx (no GPS, no Current sensor)?

Cheers
Daniel

Renatoa is right, you are restricting the usefulness of what DOSD+ can do if you don't connect it to your receiver, but in answer to your question YES you can set up this way if you want. I don't know about your radio but I get PPM from my DX6i trainer socket and it will plug straight into DOSD+ PPM input

for connections you will need to buy yourself some connectors for headers. PPM uses a 3-way just like a servo connector, the Video connector uses 4-way. for powering the board you can use 2-way or JST or connect an unused servo wire from your reciever to the DOSD and jumper the servo power to the power pin by soldering under the board or using a wire with connectors you can make.

look at the first post on this thread there are links to a board connection diagram, you can see what you will need. I used these: http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/TheMod...34Q2ec0Q2em322
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash