View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2010, 03:41 PM
Find More Posts by jims123
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin703 View Post
I was just looking at this plane last week and just about to buy it... I"m glad I run into this thread. Anything new on the plane? Is it now flying?
It's hard to tell.. there is only one review up last i checked.. I posted one but since it was negative, I think that may be why it was never actually posted on the NitroPlanes site .. dunno.. i got an RMA and could have returned it back then but decided I would try again and if needed cut out the motor and it's mount out to replace the motor with a bigger one it needs .. but have a new 3 Bladed prop to try on it one last time .. and many other distractions and don't care much to go swimming again. I will likely know next Sunday am tho.. i have a commitment to fly it then if the winds not too hi.. i know that is key too, and not to try it in any chop or more than 5mph winds.. the SeaWind lets you put in a bigger motor easily.. and the Catalina's and others with two props likely do NOT have the low-thrust , tipstall risk the A5 does..it flipped over on take off four times in a row.. cause i have had trouble with the drag on take off causing it to be very unstable when you are 1st lifting off the water, it also leaks a bit but I can't figure out where .. .. aside from that i am sure it's a fine plane.. and I like to looks of it a lot.. JimS
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123