Thread: Discussion ...motogp... 1-1 scale !
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2010, 06:41 PM
Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,517 Posts
Hahaha this can go on and on its a circular agrument/discussion with all the What IF's you can throw in there.
I'm just going to stick with the history/records/facts and simply state that in Haydens case if he had more consistency he would have repeated and been a larger force to contend with in past few years since his title.
In my comments above I do include the team and yes of course there are more people behind the Man. One thing for sure the guy on the bike has to tell the team whats going on beyond the Data that comes off the computer. If he cant feel it then its not happening. How well he can articulate the issues and work towards a resolution with the team makes or breaks that teams efforts. You see it all the time in the pits the rider is talking with is hands and body to communicate a feeling he has.
So many factors you cant point a finger but the best o/a package does win. A rider is huge percentage of this equation but you have to look at the man machine and team. The interesting part is how the rider can compensate to overcome a poor set up.

Lorenzo...great rider and has huge skills but still not mature enough I think. He is not strong enough mentally yet, you can see it in the mistakes he makes while leading and his crashes at critical times. Totally a force to deal with for sure so lets see this year.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro