Thread: Discussion ...motogp... 1-1 scale !
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:39 AM
Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,517 Posts
Yes Rossi fell at a critical points paying time and he threw it away...no debate but how many championships did he have prior to that fall and loss? He was already a repeat champ. Hayden was the next best guy inthe field with many 2nd and 3rd place results. He was also running a bike previously developed by Rossi & J. Bergess. Rossi was working on the Yamaha and at that point it was a poor bike in many respects.
The following season Hayden could not repeat and has since moved from team to team. The problem is, I think, Hayden didnt go through the ranks in 250GP or even 125. Yes he is talented but he came from the US Super Bike series which cant hold a candle to the EU bike racing scene and WSB. Hayden has had to mature in the top series int he world and just now will he have a chance to repeat a championship.
Look at past champions and you see a pattern, Mick Doohan, Rainey, Rossi, these guys win convincingly and repeat it and always run in the front of the pack. These guys kow how to develop a bike and work with the team to achieve results.
So when I say Hayden was gifted the championship its because of his track record, the results.
Dont get me wrong I have a huge respect for all those guys, they are all aliens in my opinion, all talented all fast.
Today Hayden is on one of the best bikes in the field and who developed it and the program? Stoner & team. So it happens Hayden and the bike have come to grips and he can ride it so its his time to put all his MPG experience to the task and win this year.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro