Old Apr 09, 2010, 09:04 PM
Find More Posts by tolladay
fix-it-up chappie
Valley Village, CA
Joined Jan 2002
2,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post
I got bullied as bad as that, and worse. Does that make me a minority?
Happened to me too, and it sucked. I had big thick glasses, and was...me. Didn't go over well until I got contact lenses and filled out in middle school.

Quote:
Actually, the sickening part is a black man, being the biggest money maker in advertisement, in a predominately white market segment, complaining about racism.
Why? I think it is fair to say that he can be entirely successful, and also feel the effects of racism. Success does not erase racism, at least as far as I know.

If he is playing with a 3-some (on the golf course), and two of the guys treat him normally, and the third guy treats him like a racist jerk, then he has experienced racism. The appropriate behavior of the other two does not change the fact that the third was being a jerk.

Quote:
Is there no point where we can get past this short of no white person having any money at all - having given it to black people?
Racism does not depend upon you paying other people. That would be some kind of organized crime scheme. Racism will end when everybody doesn't act racist. That will be a LONG time from now, as near as I can tell, because EVERYBODY acts racist every once in a while. It's pretty darn deep in our culture, and I don't see it leaving anytime soon.
tolladay is offline Find More Posts by tolladay