Thread: New Product Spektrum DX8 & DX10
View Single Post
Old Apr 08, 2010, 05:20 PM
Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
14,710 Posts
It is like using a power expander with dual receiver batteries, optical switch for the ignition and digital servos that have more torque than the old 1/4 scale servos of 20 yrs ago. It will fly fine without all these, but it makes life easier and/or safer and/or more precise and/or just plain fun for showing off !

I work in the new car industry and I can tell you, people in North America (or any other occidental country) are NOT going to be rational about their needs and what they buy. They want more technology and equipment and look for less money. Just look at what people eat: they are not going for quality but quantity.

If I were in the hobby buisiness why would I want to sell a radio the same price as a competitor's radio that as more bells and whistles when people want those things ? And with the technology beeing what it is and FPV growing and retracts and flaps going more and more popular on foam planes that cost so little (comparing with what was sold 10 or 15 yrs ago) people will want their radio to be able to support the new gadgets without buting a new one (bah, they will buy a new one anyway cause it will have even more bells and whistles !).

Anyway, they coul make a generic case for the entire line with the same quad bearings sticks and comfort grips and only add function to the top of the line, but people will pay to be different and to have more "luxury". And that is where company makes profits. Remember the old oldsmobile and cadillac ? Same everything exept some chrome and gadgets but the cadillac is much more expensive. Even the same part is more expensive if it has the cadillac name on it
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca