Old Apr 07, 2010, 03:00 AM
Find More Posts by ajbaker
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner View Post
Nice post....best RTF trainer on the market and easily mod'd as you did and as many others have.....
Respectfully, I disagree. I use the basic criteria that a trainer is rated good or bad by the time it gives the pilot to correct mistakes before hitting the ground. For me, I put aside cost, appearance, and parts availability (which are all important). Given that criteria, I think there are many, many planes that are very superior to the Cub in any form. Oddly, I think the Radian would make one of the best trainers on the market because of the time it gives a person to recover from mistakes. Also, it can easily fly 6-8 mistakes high without losing orientation. I plan to report on the Sky Surfer when I get mine. I have a hunch it will be a better trainer than the Cub, too. IMO, the Cub is an excellent choice for a 2nd plane. I think my opinion is qualified based on all the planes and experience that I have. 2500GENE knows my background from another thread and can verify my experience. Again, all this is IMO. If I put out there this question "What is the best Trainer?", I am sure I would get 100's of "right" answers,
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker