Find More Posts by avt
avt
Hell Flyer
Israel
Joined Nov 2006
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssatoru View Post
My friend got Rainbow but not much impressed. Wing was somewhat warped. It should be specific to his unit but better check when you get that. It is not unbreakable either. It broke into pieces.

Rainbow is a large 40-50 size plane which requires 4s or 5s battery. Too bad it was not released in smaller size. I think it apealled more if it were around 1 - 1.5kg range. It is a good water plane with float attached.

I find balsa ARF plane is much easier to build, flies accurately. Also easier to repair unless you break fuse completely. 25 size sport plane (in my case Hyperion Helios 25e) was the easiest to fly. For smaller form plane, Formosa is all time winner. (Formosa II was a bit too flexible and required some work) You also have several choises in 1kg range, such as Parkmaster or Sniper II X and more.

Satoru
I actually like the fact that it ways more than 2kg. Here where it's windy almost all the time, that would be an advantage, wouldn't it?

I also don't understand how can you say that a balsa plane is easier to fix? What if a wing broke? What's easier than taking the EPO pieces and CA them back together?

I will look into those planes you mentioned. Thanks.
avt is offline Find More Posts by avt