View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:29 AM
Find More Posts by smasher41
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2005
856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Here is how I got the 4S 1800 lipo to fit. The foam on the floor of the cockpit area is thickest near the back then thins out as you go forward. However there is enough foam to remove if you have a pack 1" thick or less. I used my dremel green stone wheel (about 1" diameter) and started to remove the foam away. I put my finger on the bottom side (in the duct) while hogging out the foam and you can get a feel of how thin the foam is getting. Once completed the lipo fits in and the canopy fits on right over with no issues. I am going to add a reinforcement to stiffen up the floor a little, something like 1/64 or 1/32 ply. I may either place it inside the floor or on the opposite side in the duct. Not sure yet that is tomorrows project!

Don
wow, nice work squeezing that battery in there Don. And i though i was cleaver to squeeze a 1300mah 3 cell in mine LOL
BTW, mine, my brothers, and my dads were all tail heavy stock setup, had to add about 20 grams forward of the battery to balance right, about 105 grams total Lipo + weight.

this jet is kind of a dog stock compared to the others, i bet yours will be a real screamer
smasher41 is offline Find More Posts by smasher41