View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2010, 09:07 AM
Find More Posts by Lbuff1
TEAM HORIZON
Killingworth CT
Joined Nov 2008
2,616 Posts
Asher,
Thanks for the invite to your blog. I received my Decath a about 5 weeks ago and its been begging me to build it. I have a couple projects to get accomplished first. Maybe a month away from getting it going.
I learned some things in life, One is to ask before you steal. So I'm asking you if I can steal all your idea's. These modifications you are making seem very well thought out. I don't completely follow the strut issue, but I'm sure it will be clear when I start working on it. I agree about the future re-cover. The current covering is very nice and quite well done. But after 750 tow's on the Pilatus, the plastic iron on covering is getting a little worn.
I had it out of the box Just yesterday with my friend and tow pilot Rob, we were trying to figure why the servo's for the elevator were so low. At least thats what it appears from the first look. Also, the tabs to attach the stab seem like an afterthought. Again, these are quick observation's of my kit without any close inspection or dry assembly, so take it with a grain of salt at this point. I love the fiberglass work. I plan to use the 150. Having the caps stick out is not a big deal for me. If someone makes a comment about them sticking out, they dont get a tow. lol

Good luck and please keep the information coming. Its wonderful and you are doing an outstanding job. Hope to see you at JR this year.

LEN

Ps, Check your pm for a personal note.
Lbuff1 is offline Find More Posts by Lbuff1