View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2010, 01:01 PM
Find More Posts by RS Rogers
Clyde N.C.
Joined Oct 2003
527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjinguy View Post
Nope I have "Set RPM" selected. I will check it again but that is the only way I set it up.

Should the motor hold exactly the same rpm until you lower throttle hold just the right amount, and then drop a little? What is a typical value for throttle hold in a DX7? I mean is it like 5% or is it much higher like in the 30s?

On a similar note ... if one actually did want to run "Gov High", how would you set up the auto bailout feature?
The motor should remain at the same speed (if your in set rpm mode) as the controller is only looking at a throttle signature between 1 - 50 on your throttle curve (if in Normal mode) & anything above the "right setting" for the Throttle Hold window would be within that 0 - 50 range.
I have never tried to calibrate the Auto Rotation in High or Low gov but I would assume the speed of the motor would get slower & slower & at one point the esc would cut the power to the motor signaling its in the "window" before you reach zero. I'm going to have to experiment with that one!

You've brought up a very interesting point that need to be found out - Thanks!!
The set RPM has worked so well I haven't tried Hi & Lo gov in quiet a while - shame on me!

Steve
RS Rogers is offline Find More Posts by RS Rogers