The first thing to do is cut off the old wing. But, we want the molded plastic wing saddles. I cut off the wing right where the CF rod goes into the plastic wing saddles. Corresponding slots are cut in the foam wing. The wing saddles get glue applied and are inserted in the slots in the wing when glueing the wing on.
I also cut off the lower plastic part from the Vapor center wing rib to save weight and because it will interfere with the foam that will hold the servo and bellcrank.
The wing is very similar to my Airbender
wing. Its span is the same as the Vapor wing so with a bit of modifications to the foam carrying box it will fit into the original Parkzone box for transport. Foam is cut from either 3mm Gediplac or Depron and covered with 2 um film from Dave Lewis (homefly.com). The film from Dave has the advantage of weighing 1/3 that of the covering that's used on the Vapor. The wing with outer two ribs (but not the center rib that holds the servo) weighs almost exactly the same as the Vapor wing that was cut off and removed.