Find More Posts by nahum
Rosh-Pina, Israel
Joined Sep 2001
45 Posts
Setup for electric fullhouse glider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiju000 View Post
Ok quick question.

I fly sailplane ( most of them electric) and most of them fullhouse.

I want to have the throttle gimbal to control my motor in one flight mode and my flaps in another one.

I want to have the "no motor" at the stick bottom position. I want to have the "no flaps" also at the bottom position.

Is there a way of doing it ?

Thanks
Thierry

Dear Thierry Please refer to Mike's setup and my response: "
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahum View Post
Mike, Thank you for your prompt response. Unfortunately HPP-22 Is not available here as yet (on order). One of the main reason I moved from the JR 9303 to A9 was telemetry and updating capability of the A9 (+ a Very good deal for the exchange and a great support of the LHS). My current set-up is 5 flight conditions with SW-E and SW-C. SW-E ( Launch Normal landing also control Motor in Launch with on speed of 2.0 with no delay and Crow mixer in Landing with J3. I tried to mix J3 for motor control Aux=>Motor 100 (-) to cancel them out in every mode but Launch. but it did not work because i was unable get enough offset for the motor controller to work. I will be grateful for your solution Thank you for your great customer support best, Nahum update: I saw your solution Qoute: "I assigned throttle to channel 8 (J3) with channel 7 being Aux1 (Null) then pmixed Throttle to Aux1 which can be changed in all flight conditions assigned. This will allow you to do what you ask here. I had to assign Aux2 to channel 9 and then assigned it to the same switch that activated B-fly & condition named B-fly. Then I mixed Aux2 to Aux1 so that when activated the throttle goes to low. Remember, ESC is plugged into CH7 Aux1. I know it sounds confusing, but once you understand these techniques other set ups you follow! Also remember that higher flight conditions have higher priority, and that P-mixes 6,7, & 8 have point curves where the first 5 are linier. " Mike, A brilliant solution if I may say so. I programed accordingly - Thank you very much There are two caveats 1. If you are using a 3 points switch for a multiple flight modes (In my case SwE for Launch Normal Landing SwC Speed Normal Thermal) and SwE for B-fly (crow) in Landing than you must have active throttle control J3 in all other flight mode - may actually be an advantage compared to the JR 9303 set up. 2. you run out of channels (You may trick channel 9 Aux2 to control landing gear - i will have to think about that!) a better solution is to have channel assignment per flight mod and / or to have additional virtual channels in the program (no point to assign bandwidth of transmission and output in the receiver to an internal logical operator. Thanks again Nahum
I flew a Multiplex Cularis with this setup and 7 channel Rx with no problem. Please note that in the down J3 position (for motor control during all flight mode - the motor is off. In the Landing flight mode - to motor is off in all J3 positions. J3 control B-fly (crow) the low position is for flaps down ailerons up. if you want to reverse that try reversing Right and left Flaps. Best, Nahum
nahum is offline Find More Posts by nahum