Old Mar 23, 2010, 01:24 PM
Find More Posts by Dionysus
McQueeney TX
Joined Oct 2005
593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin View Post
Very impressive.

I just got a Paasche VL and I'm having difficulties getting a nice blend between my colors on my FlyFly Mirage camo. I'm using Model Master Acrylic. I guess practice makes perfect.

I've got Photoshop Elements. If I bought a sheet of Mirage 1/48 decals could I scan those in and then scale them up to the size of the Mirage. I think the model it is roughly 1/9th scale.

Kelvin
Thanks Kelvin, post some pictures of what you are talking about and what airbrush you have, I may be able to help. The trick to a fine line and the blending of colors as on the tail pipe is a double action airbrush.

On the decals the answer is yes, you can scan at a super high resolution and then mess with them a little in a paint program for printing. Decal quality varies a bit, but most of it should be pretty usable. I just pulled mine off the internet.

Thanks Trev, but did you really have the SEA idea before I did? If you did, your plane should be done now!

awood, you could do this one, be a little easier, looks like it's all one color:
Dionysus is offline Find More Posts by Dionysus