Thread: New Product AXN Floater-Jet (aka Cloud Fly)
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2010, 02:31 AM
Find More Posts by ajbaker
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaprap View Post
...... but wasn't talked about since -
The Banana Hobby Sky Surfer http://www.bananahobby.com/1937.html Looks familiar?
Part 1 - That is because it is not available. Only one person owns one. I have sent many, many emails to them asking if they are "IN STOCK". they never answer the emails and nobodys seems to have one other than one little kid. You can find the video on utube for that one. Also, they have no parts either.
Part 2 - There are about 4 places that you can get various configurations of the CF. Ultimately, to get any of them RTF is within a couple of bucks of each other assuming you have no parts whatsoever.
Part 3 - I have bought several motors from RCTimer. They have their problems too. The magnets like to come loose very easily. The good news is that you can carefully glue them back in (if you happen to get one that has the magnet guides). So, that place is not necessarily a red hot deal either. Although, some guys in here have had very good luck with their motors. But, I buy all my props and 3.5mm plugs, and Dean's knock-offs from them I have tested their TGS knockoff props against the real thing and found time after time that the knockoffs provide more thrust with slightly less amps than the real thing. IMO-the props ARE a red hot deal.
In summary, all is not always as it appears.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker