Thread: Discussion Sky Surfer
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:53 AM
Find More Posts by Parinda
Harrisburg PA
Joined Oct 2008
4 Posts
Hi guys, I am new to this forum and the funny things is that I started reading all the postings "after" my Sky Surfer was delayed. Well, I did receive it last week and straight away made some slight mods (I have been flying foamies for a while including the Floater Jet from RC King and a Radian). First of all there's a channel under the fuse running from the vent hole all the way to the tail skid - a 1.8mm carbon rod was epoxied in and a length of fiberglass strapping tape stuck to underbelly.

Flight Report: Finally we had a beautiful morning in the Harrisburg area, 5 mph winds.
The Sky Surfer performed far better than the Floater Jet. Balance was perfect using the stock battery, exceptional climb, great glide. Most of the time I was just floating around with no power. Then it was time to really test it out - loops, inverted, no problem. Rolls are very difficult due the dihedral. And then something I have never been able to do with a foamy on a grass field - touch and go!

Be sure to paint the underside of the wings, under full power this thing can turn into a speck before you know it.
Parinda is offline Find More Posts by Parinda